Saturday, May 19, 2018

Finally got the finances counted

I won 1957 in 2-5 NL over 16 hours and lost 892 over 11 hours and 45 minutes in 2-5 plo8. I’m taking a break, potentially a life long break, from plo8. Too many shoulder shrug aggressive decisions  in that game. If you want to win you need to make them pay for their draw. Or you bet your draw and hopefully they fold or you hit. Problem is the big draw goes against the made hand way too much. It’s  happened to me a lot this trip, lost quite a few times. But a few interesting things happened:

An old lady folded 25 pre with 45 suited and would have won 40k in the bad beat. Obv it’s a good fold but hopefully now she makes that call every time. Good for the game.

My friend Elise got into an incident with another(well known) poker player. It was her turn to show(first), and she didn’t. The guy was pretty aggressive talking to her and she wasn’t having it. She told him to shut up  and he said Fuck You, Sweetheart and that wasn’t exactly a term of endearment in her view lol. They both stayed at the table but I told her he does coke big time so you can’t expect rational conversation.

Counted up my roll. Total assets combined of gold and cash is about 40k. Not bad. I hope to really increase that soon by just playing hold em. But don’t get this twisted, I’m the best player in that plo8 lineup . I’m the only one who’s actually brave. That’s pretty crucial in poker, knowing who is brave enough to do certain moves. I mean that can also be stupidity but still. 

2 comments:

  1. the only stupidity is not coming to denver to give o8 another shot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot going beyond poker that’s good for my finances around here

    ReplyDelete