Thursday, March 14, 2019

Got the Diamond

So I got my Diamond Card at Foxwoods. I plan to fully enjoy this thing for the 6 months that I have it but assuredly not get it next time since I’d probably go broke reaching it. They gave me 20 free nights each in March and April. I don’t need all that so I just booked Thursday to Saturday for all those weeks. Directors Suite too. I generally have friends stay with me so the extra space will be cool.

Poker went pretty well. We played at a really strange table in plo8 this time. All the way by the wall. It’s because tournaments are going on and our usual area was taken. I played more calm and reserved this time and won 580. A guy came in and played like I did last time and got killed. So uh yeah that was just another sign that’s not how to do it. Like he took it to a new level though. Board could be 3567 and a guy only has AA and no low and he scooped it. That happened once.

I took 10% of my friend in the NL tournament. He went deep but lost. Cost me 30 dollars, but I did it again in yesterday’s O8 tournament and he cashed so it’s 106 profit I’ll collect today. He’s a solid player and I think taking 10% is a smart investment on my part. My friend from home paid me back 4700 last night. I loaned him 4000 two months ago so that was nice interest. Hold em wasn’t particularly interesting but I’d say in total I won about a grand on the trip.

3 comments:

  1. My poker buddy has one of those fancy cards at Caesar's, I think it's called 7-star. He and his wife get all kinds of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any idea if the diamond card cost you more than it is worth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you still playing PLO8? Would love to hear more of these stories.

    If you are still interested in poker, check out my poker blog

    ReplyDelete