Wednesday, April 4, 2018

There goes the win streak

It was a shorter trip than usual this time because I went to the Penguins/Devils game in Newark on Thursday. It was unique because I had both friends and family going(and later found out the girlfriend had some family there too). We were supposed to meet the family by the Devils Den gift shop to eat, but it was cold and they were late so her and I went to Chipotle instead. I’m glad I did because I had 3 cups of tasty lemonade.

We got in there pretty quickly after the doors opened to see the Penguins practice.
The girlfriend says as a gift one day she wants to get us close tickets to a game. I’m in for that. We later saw friends from the Pittsburgh Penguins bar in Manhattan and the family. My cousins sadly have their kids in Devils garbage at a young age and that’s upsetting. Maybe I need to become more of an influence on their lives. The game was good. Penguins had the grit. Crosby had the goal of the year to win in OT. You know, pretty standard.

I went to Foxwoods the next day and they didn’t start the plo8 on time(didnt have enough players). Played some 2-5 NL and lost 70 bucks in one hour. No cards. Didn’t win a hand. PLO8 then got going and it quickly became a battle of trying to get even. My AA with a suit and low cards lost to A2  and crap. Amazingly though I only got stuck 400 in the game then we switched it to 20-40 RE. Apparently people FUCKING HATE RAZZ, yet they still play it while playing it. I add the stud8 because I’m still good in it plus it gets a certain group of players in. I’m considering adding 20-40 omaha8 and just not play it. They love that shit. Whatever gets them in. Ended up playing 8 hours combined and won 195. The players don’t seem to care that I go north often but they really should because I’m the most dangerous reg there.

I still had a few hours before 500 dollar high hand ended and I had to check in so I played 2-5 NL. Brutal stuff. I had AA(with the ace of hearts) on a 810J board where 3 fish called me preflop and I absolutely had to fold after I got check-called AND check-raised. Caller had K9 and raiser had Q9. I also flopped a steel wheel gutshot draw that missed but I didn’t lose too much on that. Over 3 hours and 25 mins I lost 415. Over 12 hours and 25 minutes I lost 290. I’m nearly at Foxwoods now and I intend to keep my head down and make money. Maybe.

5 comments:

  1. if u make it $20-40 instead of a smaller limit, only the worlds best players will be able to sit, who've played for their whole lives so theyre experts in that form of poker. to get the fish to sit u need to make it no higher than $6-12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There’s a smallish pool of players and some of the guys won’t play lower than 20-40. I also don’t like how, even at half rake, they take a dollar at the ante. And the ante is a dollar, and sometimes we are 3 handed or heads up so not good. If they took at instead at the first called bet, especially in razz, that changes everything.

      Delete
  2. Phony:

    Love your blog (although, i'll admit I don't know enough about mixed games to understand it all - what's "20/40 RE"? I assume the 20/40 is limit, but what's the "RE"?).

    Any chance of you doing a bit of an intro? Something with your background in poker, how you got started, interests outside of the game (hockey, obv), etc? Would love to get some background info - helps round out a fuller picture of your pokering!

    s.i.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seldom have a worthwhile comment to leave, but I always read it and second what s.i. said about enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RE is Razz and Stud8. Two parts of HORSE.

    I’ll do the background thing next blog. Once I learn the Penguins playoff schedule it’ll help me determine when I go to Foxwoods next. Should be Sunday.

    ReplyDelete