Thursday, July 19, 2018

She’s just incredible

What a fun and exciting time since I last posted. You really only need money, fun, and a good woman  by your side to really enjoy life and it’s been nice. Let’s try to go in order of things:

I’ve been doing well in the stocks lately. I know I told Twitter that I purchased lots of MoviePass stock(HMNY) but that was a big fail. I probably ended up losing 220 dollars on that thing. I love MoviePass but it’s a very bad business model, although I am obviously cheering for them. Another bad move was purchasing Netflix stock. I figured hey it’s Netflix, everyone has that shit it’ll shoot up. At the peak I had it for 9 shares and it was around 400 at that time. I then sold 5 because I wanted to get an amazon share and later in the day it sunk like a stone. Didn’t meet projections for the quarter. I waited a couple days and it recovered some then sold the rest. Co-worker told me they paid Chappelle 200 million for 3 stand up comedy specials. I can’t roll with that so I sold. I have since purchased another share of Amazon and I’m stuck on that. Funny thing is I’m actually UP on stocks. Planet Fitness has been good, WWE has been incredible,  and I purchased some Funko today and I’m up in that. I hope to keep that going.

Poker last week was very good. It was basically a series of big hands with a lot of boring stuff in between. Thursday is usually a pretty shitty day to play but I arrive after work on Thursday to check in so I pretty much have to at least take a look at the games. I found one with actual legit DUMB white kids. Not angling white kids who are faking it. Felt like a decade ago. I actually stacked 3 people with top set on a J83 two spade board. Big pot too. Dumb opponent had bottom set, Preflop raiser had I GUESS queens because non-spade A and K ran out. Other guy flush draw I guess. Game died shortly after and I had a 987 win in an hour.

PLO8 actually went on Friday! The one guy who makes the game(yet is inexplicably decent, I assume players like his forcefulness to get it started) is back from Vegas. Hopefully it goes more now. My friend UFC Mike actually played. I won a big one with A244 with a suit on a 10-6-4 rainbow board. Mike got cold decked with his 10-6-A2. Big spazz villain had a low wrap(I guess) but it bricked out for no low. I also got a gift from a big crazy fish in the room with 10-J-4-5 on a QKA27 board. We both got 1k in on the river. He was the one who potted it at the end. I was a little scared about getting quarted honestly. He ended up having 10-JJ-5 so that was a 5 hundred dollar gift. The game ended after the bad players left. I really hope some very specific people like Shirley play Friday.

It wasn’t all roses. I ended up losing a big one to Michelle. I 3 bet AK and she had Queens. She calls. Flop 345 I bet half stack she shoves, I’m committed and call, brick city. It’s ok. I lost 700 that table but I took a 687 profit that day and went to bed. Larry also gave me back 100 dollars of the 700.

This particular Saturday was not great. Very very grinder heavy. At one point it was insanely deep aggro Asian,  glasses grinder, Michelle, bald smart yet a bit spazz grinder, very smart Sun Glasses grinder, rungood Kirk who gets value on everything. He’s a good player though. I got outta there and played 1-2 PLO. Black guy to my direct left would not shut up about how if you have AA in Omaha don’t get your whole stack in pre so you can shove on the flop and defend against opponents hitting their runner runner straights and flushes. I’m a bit of a PLO high novice so 10% of me understands but the other 90% just knows that has to be stupid. He got stacked and left. I eventually got stacked with 8810J with 2 diamonds on an 89K two diamonds board. I think I was ahead there but not fully sure of his two other cards. I’ll assume slightly ahead. Bricked tho. He had top set btw.

I got put back on the shitty 2-5 game but was eventually moved to a good one FINALLY. I ran pretty decent and ended up capturing 633 in that game. I love how the grinders first priority seems to be playing together and sharing a laugh and not finding the best game. I eventually took the last bus of the morning and the Main Event ended while I was on it. I wish Cada won. He played great. I bet Larry 5 dollars the last hand would be a pair or less so I’m tilted big lol. I ended up winning 2006 dollars in poker over around 20 hours.

I went to Camden, NJ with the girlfriend, her sister and her boyfriend to see the Lindsey Stirling/Evanescence show. Evanescence was ok but Lindsey was a STAR. Get a ticket if it comes near you, watch her on YouTube, everything. She’s incredible and just the best. I’m seeing her again next Wednesday in Mohegan Sun with a friend too. Should be hitting Fox soon so good luck to me.







2 comments:

  1. Great blog. I am from the Midwest and I really enjoy hearing about all that juicy East Coast action. It is pretty boring here in South Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s juicy at times. Def gotta keep your eyes open at all times for a better table

    ReplyDelete