Thursday, July 12, 2018

Thank God for Saturday

I feel like I make a ton of good life decisions recently. Got a great girlfriend, I have a good diet(maybe a little carb heavy because pasta is great), working out consistently, financials etc. Switching from poker Thursday to Saturday has been great. Last week, I lost 1205 over 5 hours and 55 minutes. Every big hand I had they folded PREFLOP, and every hand I missed on they seemed to call or check raise me. I felt like I had my cards stapled to my head for all to see.

Couple things: I’m still gonna play for on Friday, and the above stuff happened on a Friday. Secondly,  this is the beauty of only having a 5k roll in the box. It keeps you on your toes. Every dollar means more. Can’t be tempted by VP either. I love it. I also won 90 bucks from the bus coupon and 50 from a cash giveaway that mitigated those losses a bit.

I came into Saturday feeling good. I did some exercises in the room and felt ready to go. That black chick from last week wasn’t there this time, even though I saw her Friday. I’m assuming she got crushed and needed a break. Bill Potts says he wants me to keep an eye out for specific fish stuff she might do and I will.

First table was good. The guy whom I considered the best at the tabke started to think he could just own people with his play. He got super out of line when he limped 96 off and then called my raise to 35 pre. He had position but it worked out. He tried to bluff trips but I called. The one guy who I was staying for tightened up so I happily locked up a 461 win and left.

Next table was a Must Move. Crazy Shirley was in there. I won another 430 over here and left too. One highlight was Shirley being so happy that the Knicks were up 4 points in a summer league game 3 minutes into it. Because you can’t come back from that obv

Next table was insane. I ended up cracking a guys set of eights with a set of aces on the turn AND river. I was in line to win the 500 dollar high hand but seconds later a king high straight flush took it. But still that was about a 2k pot. I ended up winning 1612 and left. I took a break and did some people watching of blackjack. THE THINGS I SAW. Player 9 vs dealer 10? Double! Player 4 vs dealer 7? Double! Player 12 vs dealer 5? Double! Later I saw 66 vs dealer 5, guy split and was fine. On the other one he got another 6 and DOUBLED! That’s a rare one. All these people lost their asses btw

They ended up putting me back at the same table the rest of the night and I won 25 bucks. That’s ok with me. I’m heading back to fox now and I’m hoping Joe Cada wins the main.i win around 1250 over 23 hours

2 comments:

  1. Nice wins, any poker goals for 2018?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Win money! Also put money into the stock market which I have done and will discuss more in the next blog

      Delete