Thursday, September 20, 2018

I love that Chinese Tariff!

I’m getting super sick of the ups and downs of the stock market. The Chinese tariff is apparently bad for tech stocks so I pulled out of amazon, google etc. But now I read stories where the tariff thing is overblown and the stocks go up anyway. So I had over 25k in there and I pulled out 6k for a bigger poker roll. Of course that can create a danger where I go to video poker after a bad poker session, but no I won’t do that. Two trips in a row no VP and intend to keep it going. So I took all the money and based it in a stock called ATI. It’s a Pittsburgh steel company that people are talking up a lot. The tariff helps a lot since it’s good for American products. But if that tariff gets worked out I’m pulling out every cent. I’m doing good on it right now though.

Poker was good this week. I hit a royal in plo8 and won a beach chair. A silly prize but you have an edge over the hold em players because of the extra cards. I only won 33 dollars over 8 hours though. Larry and I played a little 10-20 razz heads up and got raked to death. Never again. I told him it’s better if we play 20/40 stud8 because it’s better for the rake(and it is because there is far less raise and take it, which costs a fucking dollar) but I’m also a far superior stud8 player to him. He didn’t bite though.

Saturday was a tough decision. Do I play 2-5 plo for the min or max? Min is much more in my roll plus there’s some strategical advantages in there. But I decided to play max. I feel like I’m just better than a lot of other players there, especially vs that particular lineup. It worked out.  I won 894 in 5 hours and 40 mins. But that’s also the reason I pulled money out of the stock. Can’t be buying in for 1k in a high variance game with 3k roll. I was happy to get the win, then I decided to go home. I didn’t have a room, I had the chair to lug around, and I had work and a concert to go to Sunday whom are my friends from the Pittsburgh Penguins bar(the bands name is Cheeky). Took the bus and went home. A very memorable song from one of the other bands was Miami is Nice(Electric Grandnother cover) it’s quite umm memorable.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like support at $25 and resistance at $30 for ATI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m hearing 34 and change for ATI now, and it’s nearing 30. I pulled out at 29.36 and purchased AMC(the movies not the network) and I scooped up a 550 profit, but I need to get back with ATI like on Wednesday esp if it starts with a drop

      Delete
  2. It's a shame how some people would rather have confidence in certain stocks and invest there than put the same money into their own abilities at the poker table in a bigger game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only get to play poker 1 or 2 days a week so I gotta jump on good opportunities in other ways. I actually pulled 6k out of the market recently(like a week ago) that I’ll bring to Foxwoods this week. Luckily I got a lot of that back in the stocks recently. I’ll expand on this in the blog Thursday night

      Delete