Friday, October 5, 2018

Get in MY GAME you fish!

Blog a bit later than usual this week because it was opening night of the Penguins and we had a group together at Foleys(aka the Pittsburgh Penguins bar in NYC). We won the game 7-6, but it went fast even in OT. I think if I said my goodbyes quicker I could have made the last bus to Foxwoods but I would rather socialize plus I cancelled my room for Thursday. Gotta work on that defense, Pens.

Last week was very very good. After a very quick plo session, plo8 got started. Frankie Flowers made a rare appearance and did well until he started giving it away. He made a new best friend with this person I call White Hat Guy. Big Jeff ran like garbage and his QQ with no low on a Q84 two heart board lost to both of them when an Ace and then a heart ran out. Disgusting. I just played and played and didn’t let their antics get to me. Cancer Bruce came in and I had to do breathing techniques. I literally said SHANTI like the guy from WWE. It worked. CB went nowhere in the game which I loved. I went to the lounge and the game broke because Larry went broke. Flowers and WHG left before that. +24 in PLO 25 mins and +1321 in plo8 7 hours.

I went back to plo after a bit and was stuck pretty big. I just ran bad...and then suddenly ran good for one big hand.  It was goes 5 way for 25 and I call in the big. I had 57910 with hearts. Flop comes out 568 rainbow. I pot. Small stack shoves. Big stack reports. Obv I’m in there. Turn Q..river A. Runner hearts! Scooped a big one. Short stack had a set and big stack had 67910. Good runout for me. Perfect timing too since they were about to move me to the main game with nits and it was 3am. I can’t even imagine a better spot to go to bed. 598 win in 5 hours 20 mins.

Next day started out like crap. Lost 569 in plo over 3 hours. White Hat was in the game but he was asking about plo8. Obviously I’m all over that. We got a list going and actually got it going on a Saturday! He was like a child and I had to assure him the game would fill up. Literally it was a grind getting him out of his plo seat to play. After like an hour it was full. James Woods is becoming a regular in the game. Game was super good. Won 591 in 8 hours 20 mins. My friend Helen even jumped in and she usually plays like 150/300 mix. I won a quick 77 bucks over 25 mins in plo to cap off the night. Over 2k win on the trip..love to do it again this time.




No comments:

Post a Comment