Sunday, October 29, 2017

Feels good to run good

Trip started out well. I won my 60 dollar bus coupon roulette spin and after getting my room settled which was an ordeal I played. Fox only had one king bed and smoking room that time of night so I got that and was told I can get a fresh room tomorrow. I don’t mind this because that means that’s 2 rolls of toilet paper I can take and you better believe I did.

I was only able to play a little bit Wednesday night. The only grinder at my table was the guy who likes to play the “show one” game after you win a pot and he knows I don’t play that game. He shortly left after and then basically everyone left. So one guy was ok with playing heads up, and I can tell he sucked WITH 500 stack so I wanted that. We played like 3 hands and was told can’t play heads up if there are seats open at other 2-5 tables. Half rake at a quick heads up pace makes less than full rake at a slower rate? My only guess is it was late and they wanted to send a dealer home. Very frustrating so I got some chicken fried rice from Noodles and went to bed.

Thursday I got up and had the buffet from Veranda restaurant. I feel like it’s a waste going there. All I really get there is a big plate of eggs, home fries, and some cranberry juice. For like 16 bucks. Not worth it. Next time I’ll just get Panera bread where they have better stuff. So I sat at 2-5 and nothing particularly memorable happened. I then heard they had a 2-5 PLO going and saw the field didn’t look tough so I jumped in and won 452. The harder players came in for a must move so when they got into my game I got out fast.

After eating I got into a pretty dull and tight 2-5...then I ran like God. I was able to 2 outer a guy for like a 900 dollar pot and it was a mistake by me but I’ll take it. Then one time the same guy raised with AK and I called with 55. Flop A25. Then another spazzy(black!) guy raised with AK on the button and I called with 33. He had about  550 so I had to call. Flop KJ3. Good life. I won over 1800 in that game and went to bed.

Next morning was sour. Got into 2-5 PLO8 and it was pretty junky as usual. I know Tony would be interested because he doesn’t get to play PLO8 very often where he is, but this crew doesn’t just give the money away at all. I lost about 250 in it. One hand sucked bad. I had AKQJ on a KQ6 rainbow flop. He had AK62. We get it all in on the flop. Turn 10...river J. Terrible chop. I soon left and played NL and won 36 bucks. Got back into the PLO8 later and convinced them to make it 8 hands of PLO8 and 8 hands of razz. I did well in both and nearly broke even for the session. Good trip. It was made by that one big NL session but I’ll take it. Heading back Thursday afternoon. My ex GF is there and she’s with a new player so I keep an eye out when she’s not around to see if he’s flirting with other chicks

2 comments:

  1. next time they wont let u play HU, try offering the floorman $100 tip. it might work. the razz pot limit too, like they do it in reno every monday afternoon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s fixed limit. We do a 10-20 game with a half kill at 100. That’s a hard limit to beat, but the skill level is low with that field but tough in PLO8. So from now on I’ll just say we are playing both or I’m not in. I expect them to just say ok don’t play but that’s fine.

    ReplyDelete