Sunday, October 8, 2017

Twos? Come on man

Yet another thrilling and roller coaster trip at Foxwoods. It started out funny. I got the free 50 bucks in slot play that they give Platinum card players every 10 days and use it on 5 hands of 9:6 Jacks or Better. I go lose, lose, lose, lose, QUADS. 250 bones. I did lose my 60 dollar bet using the match play from the bus though.

I took Saturday off work just in case I got to day 2 of the Monster Stack tournament. I don’t make that much money at my job so playing poker and being in Foxwoods is, in a bubble, better than going to work. But then I miss out on all the creature comforts of home and I’ll burn out. Video Poker will then start looking really good. I stayed in Pequot with my UFC and PLO friend(plays plo and writes about UFC) and he’s a good roommate. No snoring etc. It’s exciting making fun of the dumb players in the room. Before all that though I lost 690 dollars in 15 minutes playing 2-5. Sometimes they just hit the shit harder than you. Luckily I got 300 back before bed time.

Tournament started the next morning. It went well early. Was up to 42k after 4 levels, 47k after 8, 72.5 after 12...got card dead and was down to 51.5 after 15. Caught a few hands for flips and had 146k after 18. Level 20 was when it all went down. 7 handed, 1k ante with 4000/8000 blinds. Folds around to me in the SB and I shove my 118k stack with AK suited into deuces. Snap call. I brick and I’m done. I asked a few people about that hand(caller had about 330k) and responses ran the gamut:

A)Bill Potts is completely in agreement that it was a good call. He would do it in an instant.
B)2-5 NL reg grinders think it was a pretty good call and they would do it too.
C)My mixed game lady friend thinks it’s a bad call and she wouldn’t do it herself. It’s bad in tournaments to take unnecessary gambles for a large chunk of your stack and you’re like never dominating. I agree with this one.
D)PLO8  friends thinks his decision was totally nuts and would never consider it. He also said AK suited is destroying deuces percentage wise and that’s for sure wrong.  His assessment is too strong.

So I lost. It sucks. Lost money in 2-5 NL too after. My ex-gf was there for tournaments too and those didn’t go so well for her either so far. We barely talk too, kinda awkward.

So Saturday rolled around and it was pretty cool. Made like 805 over 7 hours and then had dinner after my table got too reg heavy. I love when regs are good friends and like playing with each other. They can do that while I win money at a different table thanks. So after dinner it all went to hell. Lost like 300 over 3 hours...then we got 2-5 Crazy Poneapple going. I literally had to look up the rules and strategy before I sat down. Apparently the big crazy man is the one they call Cookie Monster, who kinda reminds me of tbc. He ended up getting destroyed before making a small comeback for a decent loss. I ended up winning 1050 and saving the trip. Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment