Thursday, February 21, 2019

Penguin Road Trip Part 2!

I’ve been looking forward to this one for quite a long time. For those of you who don’t know, Penguin Road Trip is the GF and I going to Pittsburgh to see a Penguins hockey game. This is usually proceeded or followed by a Penguins road game in the NY area. This is exactly what happened. On Sunday we saw Rangers at Penguins and then Tuesday it was Penguins at Devils. But let’s all discuss stuff in order.

I made a rare early Thursday trip since I had to leave Saturday morning to begin the trip to Pittsburgh. GF and I made a new friend at our Penguins Meetup Group and she very generously allowed us to not only stay at her house, but to drive with us there. She keeps an apartment in NYC for work and a home in Pittsburgh. So anyway, Foxwoods. Larry said Thursday evening games are really good. I played a little bit and won 132. Nothing special. I’m now doing the technique where you create a wall with your chips and you sneak looking at your cards with one hand. I like that technique. It gives away less tells I feel too.

This was the funny session. After eating I ended up playing 2-5 with Larry. I actually ended up stacking him. I limped 22 on the button after 3 callers. SB called. Larry makes it 35 in the big. It goes call, call, fold, then I call, Sb calls! Flop 724. Sb checks, Larry bets 130. TWO callers! I call...SB calls. I can’t fold but I think if you’re a good player you have to have set over set in your mind. Turn...2. A safe card lol. SB checks. Larry bets 135(with 200 behind btw). This is a terrible bet, and we ate in the lounge later and he admitted it. What is he possibly putting people on? So they all fold and I call. River is an 8 and Larry checks. I put him all in he calls. He thought I had 56 which is gross. He got upset at me but it’s part of the game. He said revenge would be his in plo8 lol

The next day we got the plo8 going. I did the card technique again and it helped me a lot.
I was protecting my checking range a ton on the river a ton and some people were like what are you doing? Well not only protecting the range but I’m also not inflating pots where I can have a
tough decision if they pot the river. This helped me out in a couple hands
because one time I had a nut flush draw and a gutter for nut straight and a player had a made straight and the board paired. I was OOP and checked, but it froze him. Then I made it on the river. Maybe he checks that turn anyway no matter what but maybe not. I also got quartered in a big hand but it could have been massive so I like it. So I won 816 in NL the previous session and 832 in plo8. Nice to win again. We played like an hour of pai gow after(Larry and I ) and he won 140 and I won 395.

So then the Pittsburgh part of the trip began. I got on the bus and got back to flushing at 8am. Too early, shoulda took the bus an hour later. I take an Uber directly after getting off the bus. Another mistake, should have ate breakfast first. So I’m supposed meet Heather(the new friend) and take a rental car with her. I was 45 mins early and it was freezing.  I go up a hill and luckily find a diner. I eat a couple egg sandwiches and go there at the meeting time. Her Uber goes the wrong  way and she’s 30 mins late. Uber GPS screwed up. I didn’t see the door to go in so I’m freezing. We eventually get the car and then to her apartment to pick up her dog. I like this dog. Very small and no barking. The dog liked me a lot.

We eventually picked up the GF at her house in NJ. Her dad tested Heather by saying she must be an Eagles fan since she was from Pittsburgh, but she said Steelers and passed. It was a fun ride. We took turns picking songs to play through the radio. I had lots of Lindsey Stirling and Amy MacDonald in there of course. Love those two. Heather is so nice that she allowed my other friend Taira to stay over. She lives in Ohio but is very close to Pittsburgh. Taira and I have an odd relationship. We met on a dating website. We spent a Vegas trip together for a full week after we just talked online and like once on the phone. There are times where I think she hates me immensely and other times where I think she’s a good friend. But 100% she thinks I’m a goofball, so I play that up by saying goofball things. She also REALLY likes to give me shit about stuff. I say or do something that is even slightly off she will call me out on it, so I make sure to be ridiculous. I’ve never had a friendship like this.

After we all got to Heathers house we had plans to meet Goblin the Bulldog and her owner. This dog is amazing. Her mom dresses her up in Pittsburgh stuff. It’s so cool. I’m also a GIGANTIC fan of bulldogs so after we went to Burgatory(if you’re in Pittsburgh you need to try their shakes) and we took it to Allegheny City Brewing. A nice beer spot that’s animal friendly. I played with and took pics  of Goblin and it was great.  I love that dog SO much. You can look up Goblin, The Bulldog on Facebook if you like. Shortly after that we went back to Heathers, chilled a while, and went to bed. I have been having some neck and shoulder issues lately so I couldn’t sleep with pillows. Luckily the bed was firm and my head was level. Earlier on we went to Target and got a Crosby jersey shirt.

The next day we went to the game. An early game, 1230. Tickets to Penguin games are pretty expensive, almost as much as Rangers ganes. But eventually found nice centered ones for 132 a piece. Heather didn’t go because she had business to do. She promised us she would go to the Devils game though. The Penguins won 6-5.  I got endless nachos in a souvenir helmet that was way too much for me. But I did get a nice  souvenir cup with it too. Took those home. After the game I got a Crosby jersey at 30% off. I was due for a new one. So Taira took us back to Heathers and then drive home. She hasn’t spoken to me since so maybe she’s mad at me.

Drive back to girlfriends was good. We went to Sheetz(which is a poor mans Wawa yet a rich mans 7-11) and got food for the trip back. Did the song thing again. It made a 6 hour trip  breeze by. Eventually got back to GFs and called it a night.

Next day was annoying. We saw Alita Battle Angel and I liked that a lot. GF thought it was iffy. We tried to see Isn’t it Romantic afterwards but  some old lady was on the floor after we get in there. I had to get a massage at 615 and clock was ticking even if it ended on time. Couldn’t take the delay so I complained and got a re-admittance ticket. It’s free money since I have A-List and see 3 free a week anyway at AMC. Maybe I’ll give it to my mom. Maybe. I got the massage. Unlike Foxwoods massages, this was a  medical massage. She tested my back and shoulder and gave me advice on how to get better. One key thing she said was to do Wall Angels. That shit strengthens and relieves my problem area of pain. You should YouTube them. They feel awesome and I’ve never heard of them. I gave her a 20 dollar tip like I do Fox ladies.

Tuesday was the Devils game. We met up with Heather and our friend Katie and our seats were only 66 bucks this time. Penguins won again. Other friends from the meetup group came over since the place was so empty. Shitty teams give good deals on tickets. So that’s really it.  Won tons of cash and the Penguins won twice. Fucking WONDERFUL Penguin Road Trip🐧🐧

2 comments:

  1. Nice, but you know my Isles are going to win the division this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got money on them big to win the Cup(as well as the Pens, Blues, Hawks). A little bit on Vegas, Jets, and Sharks. So my main hope is Pens and Isles both advance to the second round. Can then hedge

      Delete