Sunday, February 10, 2019

Shine bright like a diamond card

Blog is actually a few days late because I was on the bus with the girlfriend and I didn’t want her to see this. Gotta keep this shit separate. I actually have two trips to get to so let’s begin.

Remember that plan I had to play 1/2 a lot? Yeah, no. I played for 3 hours and lost 235. Hated my life during it. It’s a tilting level to lose at. But yeah that was annoying. Plo8 is becoming alarming to me. It started at 3 handed(without me). Dave and Larry and some rando. The tough pattern seems to be I lose early and then get it back when it gets short at night. Exactly what happened. This black guy Mike and I call The Professor jumped in and I killed him in most big pots. I mentioned that I beat him in heads up a month and I did it again. He was sitting next to Cancer Bruce and it was a comedy show since he never shuts the fuck up. So I won like 550. I’m almost a month and a half behind in newspapers so I might just bring 5 or so to the game every week.

I lost nearly all those winnings in 5 minutes the next day in 1/2. I missed a flush draw vs a checked set (my c-bet committed me after he check raised. 1/2 broke short stacker). Raised nines pre had to fold on a bad board. Then I picked up AA in position. AsAc, raised to 15 got 3 callers. Flop J54 all spades. Checked to me. I bet. One caller. Turn 5. I bet. Call. River A. Check. Shoved all in. Lady asked for a count. Then calls. Quad fives. She said nothing after I asked why she slow rolled. These people had no idea what the term meant. So I was done. I went upstairs and got it back in pai gow.

Speaking of that, I decided to go for diamond. I’m pretty close. I like the extra goodies that come with it. Bill Potts doesn’t think it’s worth it but I like them. I did a lot of bad things to get these tier points so I may as well go for it since I’m close. I found out the next triple tier day is March 8th so I need to hit that up before stating plo8.

I ended up playing some heads up plo8 Saturday. This guy may have been the most non-agressive person I’ve ever faced. I lost like 220 to him(20 in rake lol). Of course when I start beating him he “had to go” because of course they do. I’ll do the girlfriend trip blog tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. She had quad 5s and asks for a count? Dang....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s not like she was being malicious either. She’s just stupid. Of course I look over a couple hours later and she lost most of her stack.

      Delete