Thursday, April 25, 2019

333...333...333...but not when i need it

Those who have read the blog a long while(or caught up) know that I’m the house when it comes to my fathers lottery, specially the pick 3 game in NY. He plays 8 bucks a day, which is 4 on the midday and 4 evening. He plays 213 for 6 bucks and 333 for 2 bucks. 213 wins him 1500 and 333 500. I have a 50% house edge on this transaction. Well in the last month the 333 hit 3 times. 1500 lost. He hit 213 and 333 last year so I think I’m stuck a couple hundred on it overall.

I made money betting basketball on the Bucks over the Pistons in the 1st round of the playoffs. 500 on them going up 3-0 and like 2400 on them sweeping. I hedged on game 4 to lock up 2k or at worst win 190. Bucks won by like 25 that game but it was a pro decision. The Jeopardy guy that’s killing everyone would agree I’d think. I got some NHL playoff action going still. I’d love if the Islanders, Blues, and Sharks get to the third round. Love if Blues won the Cup specifically.

Poker was good last week. Won around 2k, but I lost a 3k pot in plo8. Here’s the action. I’m in the BB with 101056DS. A poor hand unless it flops amazing. But I was in the BB and there was 6 way action to 25, so I think I need to speculate with my massive near 3k stack. Flop comes 1034, two clubs(not my suits). SB checks, I check(I was intending to check raise huge here...and I did...but this is a game where you can make an argument to just check call. But I think that’s a mistake. In fact I’m sure if it.) There was also an idiot who pots the flop no matter what, and he did in MP. The Professor calls his last 70 bucks in there, and a smart reg calls the 175 pot bet too. Nobody else calls and it comes back to me, I pot it to 945. Idiot folds, smart reg calls(he has a PLO high background so he absolutely is ok with getting truck loads of money in with draws). Reg has 408 behind after he calls. Boom 6 of clubs right away. I check, reg shoves his last 408, I call to try to boat up and a 5 comes. So dead. Professor actually had nut clubs and A2 so he got a good chunk of it. Reg had A25 and bad clubs. He had a lot, but if you think of the action a lot of his outs are dead. The A56 were the worst cards for me, and so many of those were dead. Any course of action that I did can be second guessed, but the overriding factor for me is that I made a huge raise and could get  the reg with 1383 behind to fold. If he folds I’m ok. It’s a big raise.

The next day I probably lost 85 bucks in hold em and amazingly I got plo8 called after the 2-5 NL MM broke. They almost called it as a joke. But it did go! One guy was a total fool and ran through 2500 in 3 hours. I won 830 in that game. I had Led Zepplin tix that I didn’t use because he was so bad. If it was Lindsey Stirling I’d go see it but not for a band I’m not a fan of. Nearing Fox now for this weeks adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment