Thursday, February 22, 2018

I am the House!

Man I’m back to running cold on the bus coupon roulette. Lost again. Let me just win like 40% of the time so I beat the 54 or so dollars a month on the bus ticket. I’d be good with that. I got in Wednesday night and played 2-5 NL. Nothing particularly interesting and I won 121 over 95 minutes before going back to the room. I had Pequot this time and those have the good fridges. Great Cedars don’t really work at all and Fox Tower(where I’m at this week) freeze your stuff, so that’ll help. The Naked protein drinks also now come in a bigger size so I use that for pre and post workouts.

Thursday was fine, I did the gym and saw Dave Pachico(100% sure that’s spelled wrong but it’s good pronunciation) and he’s a regular at PLO8. We had a few names on the list but couldn’t get that going. Eventually I settled into 2-5 NL while he played 1-2. I did very well. Up 861 over 2 hours 45 mins. I think I’m probably one of the feared players in Foxwoods at this point. Super hot Michelle always either leaves my tables or try’s to get position on me, and not in the good way.

Next up was another session of 2-5(after I had lounge food) and it was basically me trying to get unstuck. I lost a 1k pot with KK vs 1010 after the guy totally spazzed out. Rivered it too. I went north quite a bit and nobody cares thank god. Foxwoods really needs to make 2-5 NL 200-1000 like they do with PLO. PLO is such a nut peddler game especially when deep. The only “poker” in it is if you have the Ace of the suit and there’s a flush out there. I mean short handed there’s some maneuvering to be done but full ring it’s who can get blessed today? 3 TERRIBLE players all left with a lot of chips. I ended up only losing 115 and I left because Michelle and her decent friend came and made the table bad. Before all of this I watched Amazing Race(what a finale last night by the way!) during the Penguin game intermission. They’re on fire right now 🐧

Next day was awesome. Got the 2-5 PLO8 going with the usual crew to start and stragglers jumping in and out. Ending up winning 2053 over 14 hours combined with the 10-20 with Full Kill and 20-40 Razz heads up with Larry. I did learn a bit that some of the total nits in that game that I feel are never bluffing in that spot are actually bluffing sometimes in that spot(or at least underrepping my hands). I learned. I hung out a while and then won 34 bucks on 2-5 NL. I’m pretty confident I won’t win like 3k again but I’ll try.

Oh and about that headline. My father plays the pick 3 lottery every day where if you win you get 500 for every dollar played. He plays 2 on 333 and 6 on 213. I’m now taking the 8 a day and if he wins I pay him. 50% house edge in my pocket is nice.


2 comments:

  1. Ha! Love the side cover with your dad on the lottery bet. Best of luck to you both :-)

    s.i.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve told him numerous times to quit playing but he never listens too me, so I may as well profit since I can afford it. I’d actually also cover his Take 5 lottery picks as well(12 dollars a day) but I can’t afford the 50k or so win if he hits all 5 numbers by himself.

      Delete