Saturday, February 17, 2018

Penguin Road Trip Ends

So after spending the day basically sleeping with the girlfriend(although we made sure to watch Celebrity Big Brother) I went back to Foxwoods for three full days. Always good to stay an extra day when tournaments are going around. After getting there and doing gym I settled in for 2-5 NL. I’m really liking how I look nowadays with all of this eating better and working out. I’d say I’m in better shape than 95% of the Foxwoods poker room for sure. Josie would agree 💪💪 lol

First two sessions were pretty worthless. Combined 90 minutes and a 40 dollar loss. Problem is they were must moves and they tried to get me into bad seats at the move. No thanks I’ll wait the hour.

I was then stupid and played 2-5 PLO. There was a point where I was under rolled for that game, but not now. Lost a 3 way pot with decent Aces all in pre and then another one heads up with Aces all in pre. That’s bad luck but I just hate that game. A lot of times all you do is shove and pray with good things and I’m just not that lucky. So no more, and then I went to sleep. Lost 899.

I ran into UFC Mike the next day and he told me he lost like 3500 in 10/25 PLO Heads Up to Deena. I’d put Deena right next to Michelle in terms of best looking reg in the room, but Michelle is a far better player than Deena. Deena likes to 3 bet with J553 for instance vs Mike and flop was 544. Yikes. So Mike was depressed and wanted to play Video Poker. He lost 1460 and was super tilted. Then we went over to roulette and he put a pumpkin(1k chip) on 1-12 and 13-24 and he actually won twice for a 2k win. Took the money and ran, but not before giving the “dealer” 5 dollars. Mike is young and absolutely needs to look in the mirror and realize he won’t go anywhere by just giving these dealers money!

So I got a 13 hour 30 minutes session of PLO8 in. Nothing very exciting and I won 167 bucks.

2-5 then went AWFUL on Saturday. Kept getting endlessly fucked. KK loses to JJ all in pre. (800 dollar pot)K2 loses to K7 on K28 flop(700 dollar pot!), A10 loses to A3 on A29 flop(400 dollar pot), and my 89 suited lost to A6 190 main and 45 in dead on the side, plus high hand was 2222 so random shot at 500. I actually flopped a gut shot to the straight flush then bricked. I took a break after.

Came back to same table, same seat. I won 1270. Shit actually went well. I bluffed with AQ and a guy with AJ called me because his logic was he didn’t think I had AK. Saturday night poker. The last session of the trip ended being a 293 loss. It’s fine. Penguin Road Trip was fun and successful.

I’ll post the trip I just had on Thursday afternoon on the bus heading back.

2 comments:

  1. Dang, I've got to get another look at you! Love that your combatting the lounge food with trips to the gym. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s very good. 4 days of gym a week

    ReplyDelete