Thursday, August 16, 2018

Chemotherapy generally fails right?

Don’t worry everyone, it’s not me. I feel fine for the most part(haven’t gotten sick in 6 months ever since I stopped using the air hand driers). But there’s this one old guy in Foxwoods. Everyone knows him. Very old guy who is generally a piece of shit and I’ve known this for a while.

Poker has been pretty up and down for me lately. The hold em game is reg filled(you CHERISH those times when the reg buddies play at each others table and they’re yucking it up at their shitty game while you get the amateurs), so I decided to start min-stacking plo. I have people I know in that  game who play solidly(including Mike, who makes a living at it) so I was always cautious about getting involved. But fuck it. There’s enough bad players in there where I can get a piece. It’s also nice to dance between that and NL based upon table quality. I actually think it’s a lot easier to switch between 2-5 plo and 2-5 NL than 1-2 NL and 2-5 NL. At least you know you’re playing different games in the first case.

Terrible things to begin the trip. I lost 1552 in plo8. All I get are brutal spots. These people just won’t put all their money in huge draws. It has to be locked made hands. For example on JQ2 board say they have 1k stack. The pot is 120. They have like AK910 with the nut clubs. Monster right? Sure they’ll pot it. But if you repot it, do they shove? Nope. They’ll call you. They’ll shove with QQ though. Probably crying call you down JJ. It actually makes hands like 22 kind of easy to play. Just gotta be aware of middle set. They’re also old which makes them conservative. But stupid. The losses mainly consisted of made hands tgst got destroyed by big draws, over and over again.

The old man showed up. He thinks he’s hot shit, but in reality he’s only good at stud high. He likes to tell amateur players he will play them in any game with any stakes. But someone once tried to take him up on it and he said the level wasn’t high enough. Shit talking coward. So here’s the hand that made me hate his cancerous face(and I raise money for cancer research, so I must hate him bad). I have AK26. He raises to 20 from EP. I call. Flop comes K89 rainbow. He pots to 40. I call. Turn A. Bets 120. I call. I debated shoving here since I had top two and a low draw but realized that’s a bad decision lol. Let’s see a river. And it’s a King. So now I have kings full. He pots it to like 360 with 250 behind. I shoved. A mistake, sure. Should have called. But here’s where the hate comes: he gives a fucking SPEECH. Shit like “so you’re telling me you one outtered me blah blah” and I just said you win and showed my hand. He had aces full of course. The guy was getting like 5 to 1 on his money and he’s going around telling people he was 50/50 to fold and that I’m a bad player. Yeah fuck you. The more he tells that story the dumber he looks. If he was really scared about quads he would checkcall river.

Plo high was nice to me though. All the money I lost in plo8 I got back in plo plus more. I messed up and started with a max stack and that’s just not good. I won a lot with it but variance is insane. The last hand I played for the the trip was NL. I had 33 vs QQ on a 23Q flop. My 700 stack went away. That finished the trip down 145 in 21 hours for poker, but the points etc made up for it. Nearly back there now.


No comments:

Post a Comment