Thursday, August 2, 2018

Long trip, thanks to LINDSEY

It was Round 2 of the Lindsey Stirling/Evanescence concert, this time up in Mohegan. I kind of wish it was in Foxwoods so I could get the tickets using my points, but I also heard that Foxwoods shows don’t go more than 2 hours because they want you back on floor gambling. I can’t confirm that exactly but the Christmas Lindsey show and the Criss Angel show were 2 hours or less so maybe. It was a different experience than the Camden show. The acoustics were better so Evanescence sounded  better. Amy Lee wasn’t drowned out by the orchestra this time. Lindsey went first this time which was a mistake because she’s the best on the planet. I did make a fatal mistake and got floor seats. NEVER BUY FLOOR SEATS. Everyone was getting up and down. The one cool thing was that I was in the last row and could stand but still never again. A good lesson because I’m gonna buy tickets to wrestling in Brooklyn in a couple weeks.

My friend says he wants to play poker, but I really don’t think he enjoys it that much so I got him going on VP. He won like 400 bucks on it. I had the wizard of odds optimal strategy ready to go if I forgot something. He was loving VP when he left the next day but I had to warn him the VP machine is not an ATM. It’s highly dangerous as we all know. I think he understood me.

Poker was fine. One disgusting hand was I had 10-6 off in the BB, I check after four limpers. Flop 10-6-2 two hearts I check with intention of check raising. Guy makes it 25, gets one caller, I make it 85 with 250 behind. Only the caller calls. Turn offsuit Q, I shove he snap calls with Q10. Nothing I can do there, besides remember his face lol. There were a bunch of up and down hold em sessions in here too.

One INSANE thing happened as I was watching my friend play 10-20-40 PLO. It was between Super Dave and Bahvin, however that’s spelled. Both aggressive and kind crazy. SD has JJK7 with clubs and Bahvin 10KQx with hearts. Flop comes AJx. 1100 pot. Dave pots it and Bahvin calls, but the dealer runs out both the turn and river even though Bahvin had 250 behind. The turn was a 6 and river was a 6. BUT WAIT! Because the dealer messed up that river goes away and it because a...Q. Dave is a loud guy anyway but dealer cost him a 3800 pot because Bahvin isn’t folding his Broadway draw on a missed turn. Pretty fucking crazy.

Plo8 went on Friday. Usually runs 7-8 hours on average but this time it went until 6AM! A large variety of bad players fueled it, none worse than this crazy Indian doctor. Indian doctors are always terrible at poker by law. He never folded preflop even to a raise. Any 4! He always said stuff like “I’m getting there” and “I’m learning” but he really wasn’t at all. He left at 6am because he said he had to take a cab back to Boston but I saw him the next day at like noon. Liar! I won around 800 bucks on the trip over the course of 34 hours. Not great but heading back now hoping for a better trip.

2 comments:

  1. I once played regularly with an Iranian Friend who was working on his PhD in Engineering. He said that every flop has possibilities. That just meant that he loved to gamble. He usually sucked, but when he got lucky, he crushed souls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doctors in general are just terrible. Indian Doctors have no chance in the long term

      Delete