Thursday, January 31, 2019

But i paid to see!!

A lot of times in poker you just need to be honest with yourself. You need to realize when things aren’t profitable and make an adjustment. No more 2/5 NL at Foxwoods. Way too many smart guys who play all the time and talk strategy with each other. I don’t have that. Bill Potts and I used to do that but not too too much anymore and it definitely loses context and particulars when you text what happened. So I decided to stick to 1/2 on Saturday. They play bad, they don’t discuss poker in any meaningful way, and it’s way less pressure. Winning small which acquiring points and hours for rooms sounds good to me. Some might say I should play 2/5 other places where it’s easier and they are right...in a bubble. I still got the 2/5 plo8 on Friday’s and literally zero expenses. THAT IS SO KEY TO YOIR WIN RATE.

So I got to Foxwoods, turned 75 slot into 90 cash but lost the 60 bus spin. Mike and I twice did alternate colors on the Euro roulette and chopped up the 60 profit. Sadly this time Mike is in borgata doing high stakes PLO since it’s tournament time. So I played some 2-5 NL and lost 700. I got somewhat unlucky and somewhat outplayed. I love the outplayed part. It makes me know to not play that anymore. I mean if the game looks ridiculous sure I’ll jump in but once the grinders start up I’d run.

I played some pai gow and got 450 back. I had reasons beyond just trying to win money for playing, but let’s just say they watch closely. Happy to win though. I roomed with Adam the Snoring guy again. He snored bad. I actually feel kinda bad because I told him he snores heavily and the last day we were supposed to room together he went home instead so he wouldn’t disrupt my sleep. I had the earplugs so I was ok.

Plo8 was funny. Once again Dave didn’t want to play, and we had 5. I know why now. He’s afraid of me short handed. That’s 100% true. He will never admit it but it has to be it. I couldn’t get it going early. I was literally uncomfortable in my seat and it messed up my play. Eventually I turned my chair  and game around and by the end of the night I won over 1200. I compare it to Lincoln Hawk turning his hat around.

Saturday was 1/2. They played like shit. The incredible thing happened was I lost this hand(my AK lost to K9) and I threw my cards near the muck pile. The opponent was A FUCKING RETARD. Literally the stereotype of a stupid black guy. Loud, obnoxious, slowed the game down. He literally took my muck cards and looked at them. Everybody was like WTF are you doing?? Apparently because he called my bet he “paid to see” aka he can look at my cards. If I play with him again I’ll warn the floor that I’ll get him banned if he fucks with me again like that. Or I can be obnoxious and make his life miserable. Call the clock on him over and over. Gut him in the bathroom. Something like that.

1 comment: