Thursday, January 17, 2019

Dirt worst 2-5 NL

Apparently the 2-5 NL game is just opposite land at Foxwoods nowadays. The classic memo about how Saturday night is the best time to play poker was apparently read and studied by all the grinders and they all believe it. Even when they’re facing each other every week at the same time. There was a point when I literally counted every player at a table and they were all at least decent. It drive me to 1-2. Bigger pool, nobody is any good, yet shitty rake. I think I can beat the game for around 15 dollars an hour though. I’ll have to jump in there when the 2-5 is terrible. 36.8k royal aside, it’s better than playing in the pits.

The peak of the trip came literally the first table I sat at. This guy Pete was playing 48 hours straight and I got into a big hand with him. I tanked, but I called off a massive over bet with TPTK and I was right. I also flopped a set and won a solid pot. All was pretty bad from there.

It was such a bitch getting PLO8 going this week. The early regs are becoming few and far between, and we need those guys to get it going. A few of them wanted to play 1-2 plo8 instead of 2-5 because it’s more in their comfort zone, but no way. Larry and I stood strong and eventually this guy Stan arrived and we got it going 4 handed. Of course it soon fills up. I actually lost 294. We had some new players eventually and I was calling draws a bit light and missing rivers. But I’m ok with it. These were information calls. Plus I think I made a couple loose plays for the sake of the game. I also caught a cold and was fighting that. You better believe that I’m feeling good and ready to rock this week.

So I won about a thousand this week. Let’s try to match that or better.

No comments:

Post a Comment